Click here for information on our choral workshop in July.
||3 September - 23 November
Each voice part has a Section Representative to support members, check attendance, help with concert arrangements and present members’ views to the committee:
A few reminders:
- arrive in good time to start rehearsals promptly
- the coffee break is 10 minutes
- no extraneous talking during rehearsals
- if you plan to sing in a concert try to attend every rehearsal. If you have to miss a rehearsal for unavoidable reasons, you should let your Section Leader know in the first instance. Missing too many rehearsals may result in you being asked not to sing in the concert
- if you plan to sing in a concert you must attend the final three Tuesday rehearsals and the pre-concert rehearsals on the Friday evening and Saturday afternoon; no other members may attend these rehearsals.
Concert dress code
MEN: Black shirt (open at top button only), black trousers, possibly DJ depending on temperature. No handkerchief in top pocket etc.
WOMEN: All black, long dress/skirt or trousers, three quarter length sleeves. No bling (at all).
Rehearsal aids for November 2013 concert
Information to follow.
Committee meetings and AGM
The Committee meets at the start of each term and again before each concert, concluding each term with a review of the concert just performed.
The Music Group is a sub-group of the Committee and meets to consider future repertoire, under the guidance of the Director of Music. The Music Group submits costed proposals for the full Committee to adopt, working on a 3-year Concert Season cycle.
The Annual General Meeting is held each September or October.
Occasional social events are planned for members and guests.
Our Social Secretary, Juliet Brereton, will be pleased to receive any suggestions or offers to help.